News, Updates & ramblings

This Blog is acting as the news and updates page for my new website, HobbyBrush.com.

The website itself is the archive of my painting through the last decade or more, with easy navigation around what now amounts to over 3000 images of wargames figures & display miniatures.

It is also the repository for my musings, workbench notes and reports on all things gaming and miniature painting that I get up to.

I've been collecting miniatures for 24 years and have covered most scales, periods and styles in that time. Don't expect consistency on one project here - there will be variety in project, but hopefully consistently high standards!

Thanks for reading!

Friday 18 May 2012

Back to the workshop

Of Ebay.. Get the nasty bit out of the way first of all. I'm selling lots of stuff this week. Was meant to be a hell of a lot more, but time beat me! Mainly from my Forgeworld stores, there's Epic buildings, Epic Tau, Imperial and Ork vehicles, and most rarely of all, a huge Ork Bust which is long long OOP, gorgeous, but just too big for me to ever get around to painting myself! All my items can be found here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/tuffskull/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1





Of Gaming: 
I haven't rolled many dice of late. Some great weekends away, an anniversary and general paint throwing duties have kept me from the GGC, and when I have been there I've been wielding a camera instead of a tape measure! Nothing to report...

Of Painting:
I'm off from work for a couple of weeks (only partially planned unfortunately....) and whilst house hunting and sorting my current place out is taking up a lot of my time, I'm at the brushes with a vengeance. My Workshop's been reorganised, projects sorted, commissions (those things I dont take any more...) lined up and its back to a paint throwing pace I've rarely matched since the Mercenary Brush Days! This week I've finished off 20 skelies (ebay soon), a company of Soviets for Flames of War (ebay soon) , 33 Kraytonian Vehicles and 3 Bombers for Seeds of War (ebay later), Kraytonian infantry and cavalry 50% done (ebay later), Some Exodus Wars Tarragin (6mm aliens, for me, they fell under the brushes...) and prepped a whole heap of World of Twilight Goodies.

Here's the workbench show tour as it stood on Thursday:
Kraytonians with 2 of 5 shades of grey / white added. In the background you can see the completed Skelies and the FoW Soviets. On the left some Hasslefree Grymn that have been waiting about 3 years for paint... 

Kraytonian Infantry, Cavalry and vehicle bases. The Bases take as much making time as the vehicles do to paint! In the background you can see other projects - last of my Romans, some Mantic Dwarves, 6mm soviets and a random Hordes model, because every painting desk needs a giant, Bipedal rhinoceros... 

The World of Twilight stash, lurking on the edge of my painting area waiting for a moment I can let myself go at them with a brush! In the foreground, sculpting projects abandoned years ago..

I'm sure there's more, but I've got to get back to the brushes & At any rate, its helping the Pledge somewhat - at a rough count that's added 88 to my painted count in a week - take that, Post-Salute-Guilt! :)


Of Updates and Galleries...
But of course, I always make you wade through waffle to get to the good bits, don't I?!
Its been a long while since an update and that normally means I try to make up for it with a slew of new galleries. This time however, just one gallery should please you all. Nick's (Elsmore's ) Epic Eldar Exodites are simply awesome. Every unit has had such attention to them.... just go and look..




Totals:
New Galleries: 1
New Pictures: 54

No comments:

Post a Comment